Sunday, September 18, 2005

I wonder, what would it take for a young entrepreneur to get funding from the VC firms in the United States? It seems that the VC's are stumbling over themselves to get money into creative ideas. Perhaps they should look at Africa, perhaps they should look at Symbiotic media.

This was my thought for Sunday, I thought i might share it.If any one knows of VC firms that have a keen ear for creative ideas pushed by young minds, do let me know. I don't like the thought of organic growth. I leave that to vegetables.

1 comment:

Nicholas Ochiel said...

Interesing... I've also been mulling over the very same issue. However, I'm torn between boostrapping and VC funding.

Jason Calacanis would argue that VC funding is for weakinglings and that real entrepreneurs don't need VC funding.


That, as with every controversial opinion, is debatable. Still, my startup (www.newenterpriseobjects.com) is engaged in developing products that we intend to be worth of VC funding.


If you're serious about getting VC funding for your startup, I advise you read Paul Graham's recent essay titled: How to Fund a Startup.